We would like to kindly remind you that the applications for the FAIR Data Practices for Ship-based Ocean Time Series Workshop are open until 24 October 2023. The workshop will be held on 9-12 January 2024 at the Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences (BIOS) and will bring together globally distributed ship-based ocean time series representatives who are interested in and committed to FAIR data practices with data managers and experts in semantic web technologies with the following objectives:
- Share and vet newly drafted biogeochemical and biological use cases for adoption by the broader METS community,
- Work with participating time series representatives to implement these use cases for their time series programs,
- Co-develop best practices for responsible use of ocean time series datasets (as a contribution to the Ocean Best Practices System repository),
- Share new findings and update recommendations on sampling and analytical protocols from the 2012 Bermuda Time Series Methods Workshop,
- Explore mechanisms (and identify champions!) for engaging broader stakeholders (managers, educators, etc.) in the use of ocean time series data sets,
- Start planning (and identify champions!) for an Ocean HackWeek for ocean time series data.
The workshop venue (BIOS) will accommodate ~50 people, and organizers aim to maximize the number of time series and geographic regions represented. Please submit your application to attend the workshop by 24 October 2023. The workshop organizers will inform all applicants of the status of their application by the end of October. The application form is available here.
For more information, please visit the workshop page.